OPEN ACCESS NETWORKS IN SWEDEN
How to implement and run an OAN: lessons learned
(dieser Workshop wird in englischer Sprache gehalten)
6. April 2017, RTR GmbH, Mariahilfer Straße 77-79, 1060 Wien, 14.00 – 19.00 Uhr
The purpose of this workshop is to learn about the implementation of open access networks for fiber broadband infrastructures in Sweden.
1. Mikael Ek, VD/Managing Director, Svenska Stadsnätsföreningen (Swedish Local Fibre Alliance)
2. Bo Andersson, Chief Economist, The Swedish National Post & Telecommunications Agency, PTS
Programme:We will discuss the following topics and questions
The role of Svenska Stadsnätsföreningen
- Why is OAN so successful in Sweden? (Swedish Local Fibre Alliance)
- Which stakeholders are involved, which role do they play and how do they cooperate?
o Infrastructure providers
o Network providers
o Service providers
o Public authorities
- Which types of infrastructure are built (FTTC, FTTH, FTTB)?
- Which of the three open network business models are implemented and which are successful in that context? The three open network business models are:
o Passive-layer open model (PLOM)
o Active-layer open model (ALOM)
o Three-layer open model (3LOM)
- Who is the owner of the passive infrastructure?
- Which investment models are applied and how are the projects financed?
- What is the incumbent’s strategy?
- What happens to the outdated copper infrastructure?
- How can infrastructure over building be avoided?
- What is the strategy of the Swedish National Post & Telecommunications Agency and how do they support fiber access networks and the implementation of OAN business models?